Financial Transparency & Corporate Governance
Registration of Company
An operator must demonstrate:
- The legal structure under which they operate
- If operating as a company the company is registered with Companies House and in line with HMRC expectations
- They can evidence that they are submitting appropriate reports or accounts to relevant bodies (HMRC, Companies House etc.)
- They are registered for VAT in line with HMRC guidelines (if threshold is met)
- Customers are provided with receipts and VAT receipts if requested.
- Operators must hold a valid Employers Liability Protection Policy appropriate to the requirements of the business model at all times
- Operators should must hold a valid Public Liability Insurance Policy
- If there is any movement of vehicles on sites by the operator or any of their workers, the operator must demonstrate that they hold (and display) a valid motor trade insurance policy.